It's official...I ran my first race on Sat. It kicked my butt! My time was okay, but I was not as prepared as I thought I was...I'd better keep working on it if I really think I will ever be able to do a marathon...speaking of which...it's only 157 days away! So all you pro distance runners out there...any advice to a new distance runner?
Side note: Does it ever bug anyone else that when you type Illinois in certain fonts it looks like this: Illinois. UGH...It drives me crazy...it looks like 3 lowercase L's. Just a weird insite to my crazy brain!
8 comments:
Or 3 uppercase I's...depending on how you look at it!
I am NOT a runner so I have no advice for you. Good luck!
Congrats on you first race. I haven't ran since high school.
That's awesome Alicia!
Congratulations on your first race. No help on any running strategies or hint from me. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your vacation. Illinois sure does look weird in many fonts and it sounds weird when some people pronounce it with an "s" at the end.
Nice work! That is awesome. Way to go on becoming a distance runner. :)
My suggestions would be (not that i'm a pro...) to put in the miles and then rest. I only run 3 times a week now and for once am healthy!
I can totally sympathize with the lllnois frustration. Until I was like 12, I used to thing that Hymn #233 was called, "Nay, Speak No. 3".
Wow, I am no runner, so congrats on the 5k!! I would die even trying. Good luck with the upcoming marathon. Sorry, no advice here...
Way-ta-go! I'm impressed! I would be able to run to the end of the street and back without throwing up! ;) You're my HERO!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment