Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Random Ramblings

Hello everyone. We are still here. I just really haven't felt like blogging lately. I do have lots on my mind though.

Bridger and I ran a 5K last Sat. Bridger did AWESOME running it in 24:46. I improved my time from two weeks ago, and ran 32:21. I don't think I'll run anymore 5K's for a while. I am starting to think I am completely NUTS for signing up for the marathon on Jan. 1st. Really, what was I thinking?

Hailey is running around like crazy. Yes, running. She is non-stop moving. She tries to talk, but its still mostly jibberish. It is kind of sad that my baby is gone, I now have a toddler.

Speaking of toddler, Carson is not one anymore. He has turned into a little boy. Where has all the time gone. As much as I love looking over and seeing him play army dudes all by himself, or make believe pirate ship, it almost breaks my heart. Does he not need me anymore? He is capable of so many things. Am I holding him back because I don't want him to grow up?

As you can tell I have been thinking about my children a lot. I know we are constantly told, never compare yourself to other moms, etc. but lets be honest we all find ourselves doing it. I often wonder, am I doing a good enough job? Am I teaching them the best way? Am I letting them explore enough? The list goes on and on. I see so many AMAZING moms out there and I just seem to get more and more frustrated. So for all you perfect moms out there...share your secret. I want to know how you do it all.....keep the house clean, cook not only meals everyday - but treats too, teach your children, play with your children, exercise, serve others, make time for your husband, and still find time for personal time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I often feel the same way about all those perfect mom's out there that i'm not. (infact i'm letting Zach eat marshmallow Mates right now so I can even be on the computer. Ooops. and of course all he eats is the marshmallows!) I guess the most imprtant thing is that you love your kids. Alisha, i can't imagine you not being the most fun and awesome mother.

Trent and Steph said...

I am so proud of you for running a 5k. That is so awesome and you are doing an amazing job as a mom. I have to agree with you on the subject of all those perfect moms out there. How do you do it? I don't feel like I have anytime with my son since I work full time and kinda fill like a failure as a mom.

Erinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erinn said...

Lish, you are an awesome friend and therefore I KNOW you are an AMAZING mom!! Let's really look at those "perfect" moms...I think even they feel this way from time to time. We all just have to do our best and pray that Heavenly Father will make up for what we lack.

Stephani said...

I think just the fact that you are wondering if you're being the mother you want your children to have shows what an amazing mother you are. You are aware and focusing on your children, which is what I think matters most.

By the way - do you mind if I add you to my blog list?

Crystal said...

You are one of those awesome moms that I try to be! I am always getting your great secrets in parenting! You really are an example to other moms you are around!!