Again. Not again! Yep, Hailey smacked her head this morning on the metal frame of the futon. More blood, more tears, more screaming, more rocking, more medicine, more doctor calls. This is seriously getting old.
We will be living in a padded cell for the next week or so, so don't be surprised if you don't see us out and about.
Anyone have any bright ideas how to get Hailey to stop touching her head, falling, running, etc for the next little while? The doc said to drug her up with some benedryl every 6 hours to make her calmer...any other ideas? Keep in mind Carson is still here teasing her and running around egging her on.
9 comments:
Poor girlie... good luck. I'll say a prayer for her. :)
You make your stories so comical I can't quit laughing!!! Sounds like you're going to need the padded cell for yourself just to feel better. Think I'd go with the Dr's advice and do the Benadryl.
I love to laugh but.... hope there's not another head bump story tomorrow. Keep the dryer door shut so she doesn't go for a ride in there (like Ember's hampster did)!
We'll cross all our fingers and toes and wish you luck in the coming week. lol
I am so sorry. I wish I had some ideas, but I don't. Good luck!
Oh, boy . . . I mean oh, girl!
Just be forewarned that infant's benedryl doesn't contain anything to make them groggy. I remember getting that advice from a pediatrician for Emily's colic. It's bad advice for colic anyway, but if it doesn't even work, ugh!
Okay, this isn't meant to be a rant about dr's (isn't that classic of me?), but just wanted you to know to check the ingredients of whatever you're giving her.
Well, I hope her head heals okay, poor baby.
I could still get those arm immobilizers sent to you. Want me to overnight them? ;)
Two words... duct tape. :) So sorry for the chaos. Going to a dr. apt with 2 kids is crazy enough, but when something like that happends...ugh!! Hope all goes well in the next few days.
first of all-when i am coherent enough I am bringing you dinner and coming by to help! I wish I could tomorrow but can hardly walk-I would use the real dye free benedryl it is 24 pounds to a teaspoon-if that helps-plus it tastes good-when it comes to antihistamines I know which ones knock 'em out and which don't. (too many allergies over here)
does she like to paint, draw?, get the bath tub paints and put just a inch full of water and let her draw in the tub and have carson paint with her-it kept my kids busy for hours and they weren't totally out of control-it works on windows (back door) too. Play dough with cookie cutters-if you need some I have tons!
(you can even let carson help you make it-i have a great recipe)
at walmart there are these patterns and plastic dots that make things when you iron them together-kyle loved to make those and then play with whatever shapes he made; painting with cars or marbles or pine needles. It is messy but keeps them rather still. I am drugged and rambling-sorry-call me if you want any details on the ideas... and I'll be by as soon as I feel better!!!!!!
Darn it. I don't know what to tell you. My kids are pretty good at throwing fits too, and I don't know what to do to get them to stay still.
You can do it...good luck. :)
Hey Alisha,
I just noticed that the first initials of each of your names, in order of age, spell BACH. You really ought to point this out to your grandfather, and tell him that you planned it just so!
Post a Comment