Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bow party!

Today while Carson was at preschool the girls had a bow party. I have had three different friends show me how to make hairbows, and every time I've tried I cannot do it. I am just not crafty. I try to tie the cute little knots and they just don't turn out. So - yesterday another friend showed me how to make the flower hairbows. They are so easy...I can actually do them! These cost $5-$8 in botiques...so I am way excited I paid maybe $2 for the cost of everything! Here they are:


So the orange and dark purple are huge...may have to wait a few years before the girls can wear them. Don't know if I am liking the button center or the flower center more.

Mommy, this flower is too big for my head!




This is my favorite one. I think next time this is the size of gerbers I should buy.

These are the bows I have tried, and tried, and tried to make...ugh. Maybe next time I will try my luck at making corkscrew ones.

5 comments:

Dixie Ashton said...

How cute and creative, and they work for both girls!

anne said...

Good job! I LOVE making hairbows and I was with you...the actual bow ones I just could NOT do. Luckily I have some super crafty friends who helped me out too.

I've just invented some fabric bows, well, I think I've invented them. I'm sure someone has come up with something like this, I just haven't seen them. I have thought about posting it. They are super easy though...and really cute. So, I think I'll do it tomorrow. Check in and see. :)

Jilly Bean said...

Those are cute! I've had so much fun lately making barrettes and bows for Lily and Hazel! I love making felt flowers and using ribbon. I just discovered a simple technique that makes my bows look so much cuter and it's really easy. Email me if you're interested.

Erin said...

They look great! Good job!

Sheriece said...

Aw, they look ADORABLE! Good work! Now you have to come to Utah and teach me how to be crafty. Didn't you promise that already? HEE HEE!