Thursday, January 17, 2008

It wasn't meant to be

Some things just weren't meant to be I've decided. For example, my house being clean. It seems my house is never clean, and when I do get the motivation to clean it, I remember why I hate cleaning. Today I decided I would clean the kids bathroom. Just the bathroom right, how hard can that be? HAHA...well, here's what happened: As soon as I'm 2 minutes into it with cleaning supplies out all over my hands Hailey decides she isn't happy with her toys and starts screaming as loud as possible. I try to push some new toys over to her with my foot (remember...hands are covered in lysol) however she is not satisfied. I decide to let her cry for a few minutes because I should be done in a few minutes. Well, Carson wants to be my big helper, and grabs all the cleaning bottles I have out and decides to run away while spraying them. I catch him, put all the cleaners under the sink which I know slows down my cleaning time because now I have to open the cabinet and get the different cleaner out when I need it. Hailey is still screaming. After scrubbing it all down I turn around to get the things that need to go back in, such as the floor mat, the toothbrush holder, etc. Well, Carson has decided to throw all these things in the garbage can, along with the toliet bowl scrubber. YUCK! Not only that, he has managed to break the toothbrush holder (it's a little giraffe - zoo themed bathroom). Although I'm frustrated, I know it's not the end of the world and I'm just glad the bathroom got cleaned (finally). I pick up Hailey who is seriously wailing by now, and head to the gameroom. More surprises for me! Carson has dumped every single bucket, box, and bin out. The toys are scattered all over. URGH. I get Hailey entertained with a toy and start cleaning up. A few minutes later I realize I have no idea where Carson is. I find him in the guest bedroom (yes it has a childproof lock on it, no idea how he opened it) and he has taken apart the puzzle Bridger, Ember, and I were working on. Not just any puzzle, a mosaic puzzle, the kind that has a little scene on every piece. The INSANELY hard puzzles. URGH! I close the door, leaving the puzzle destroyed. This is why my house is never clean! Some things just aren't meant to be. For me those things are: having a clean house, cooking a good meal every night, being crafty and making cute decorations, and wearing a size 2. Phew, it's amazing how good I feel for never getting anything done. Thanks Bridger for never complaining about the piles of laundry, the dirty house, and eating chicken nuggets, mac n' cheese, and hamburger helper more often than I'd like to admit I make. I guess it's a good thing I love my kids! But lets be honest... deep down inside I secretly hope Bridgers next raise is $30,000 more so we can afford a cook, maid (we might need 2), tutor for the kids, landscape gardener, interior decorator, and personal trainer!

11 comments:

Kelsey said...

LOl- amen girl! And these are the times we are supposed to cherish, right? =) I am really laughing. That was comical. Especially needing to hire all the new help. If only... sigh.

Bridger said...

HAHA!!! I have to admit that is pretty funny to read. I'm sure it isn't quite so funny to actually go through, but at least everyone else can get some entertainment out of it.

btw - Did I mention one of my favorite meals is tater tots and chicken nuggets? Who DOESN'T like tater tots? ("Gimme your tots ... I'm freakin' starvin'")

Dixie Ashton said...

WOW!! I remember the good old days when Bridger acted just like Carson is now. hhmmmm, maybe it's just paybacks. I'm betting your own mom remembers the same thing. Thanks for the entertaining way your described it. Makes it easier to deal with life if you can laugh at yourself. by the way, I'd take tots over fries any day. Give those little ones big hugs and smooches for me.

Ember said...

Wow! I'm sorry you had a tough time trying to clean the bathroom. So is the puzzle completely destroyed? Well I'm coming over tomorrow night and we'll all fix it and maybe make some more progress. That puzzle is just TOO HARD!!!

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh! That is funny but it shouldn't be. I wish Shelby could stay little forever!

Erin said...

I remember yelling a little too loud when Ethan ruined a big puzzle we were working on, so we have never done a puzzle again (because I felt too guilty for yelling and I didn't want the stress of worrying whether he would ruin another one!)
And cleaning is so overrated. Don't you think???

Lori said...

You're a great mom! I feel better knowing that other people have days like mine too. At least we try, right?

Walnut said...

i freakin love tater tots and nuggets

Unknown said...

Your life sounds crazy. I thought mine was crazy with one.....can't wait until he is a toddler. :)

We pretty much eat spaghetti, tots, and tomato soup every day so don't feel too bad. And usually when i try something else it doesn't turn out so we end up eating spaghetti, tots or soup anyway. :)

Crystal said...

That was hilarious!! I'm sorry about the hard day, but you made me feel better about not cooking, and rarely cleaning. I only have one child and I am constantly cleaning..and it never seems to look clean! Poor Nate, I'm just glad ExxonMobil takes him out for big lunches so he at least gets one big meal a day! I am seriously going to pick up some tots..Thanks for the dinner idea!!

Shanta said...

The things we worry about, right?!! Why is it we even feel the pressure to be perfect? Some days you can get projects done and some days you prevent your little nuclear warhead from knocking the house down to it's studs. Do you know Brian STILL has not had Aiden for a full twelve hour day by himself? I can't wait!!!