Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Three More Weeks

Yep, that's what the doctor said. Three more weeks of bedrest. Then another ultrasound and exam and we will evaluate from there. May be more bedrest, may be slowly start doing things. UGH. It's definitley worth the sacrifice though. I love my kids, and would do anything for them. All 3 of them! :)

My poor husband. That is my first thought. Not only does he have all of his father and husband responsibilites, now lets throw on all of the mom and wife responsibilites too. He's been such a trooper so far, and doesn't complain at all about all of the extra work and messy house. I love him so much!

My next thought, my poor kids. They are kids, they need to be able to run around and play. They need to be able to go outside and run and jump and dig in the dirt. They are being quite good considering I lay down pretty much all day. We have read lots of books, done lots of puzzles, colored pictures, and watched way too much tv.

Yep, so here I lay in bed with the laptop. A good friend must have been truley inspired to call me this morning and ask to take my kids. I hate asking for help. I have a hard time letting people help me. So thanks Kimberly! I bet my kids are having a blast with you!

I get so frustrated feeling helpless and not doing anything. I'm supposed to stay down as much as possible. I am fine with the no vacuuming, and doing dishes...but I can't even drive. So I can't drive my kids to a friends house. I can't run to the grocery store to grab something. I can't stand on my feet long enough to cook dinner. Good thing we have 8 freezer meals in the freezer right now. We are going to need them! :)

Sorry about all of the complaining. I really do have a lot to be thankful for. The baby is healthy right now...no problems with him. My family is awesome and so supportive of me and taking care of my health. I have awesome friends who have offered to help out if I need. So thank you!

I'm afraid I'm going to get sooooo bored. Anyone have any good book suggestions?

5 comments:

erin j bailey said...

Geez, can't a girl catch a break?? You've never had an easy pregnancy. Why don't you let me take your kids tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon? I'll call you to see if that will work out.

Also, I'm reading the Work and the Glory series right now...very good. Book club is reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (haven't read it yet, but plan too--supposed to be good). There is also this book called Elantris that I just read that is also good.

Hope you can get off bed rest in three weeks. I'm crossing my fingers and praying for you!

Trent and Steph said...

How frustrating. I know what you are going through and you are right. You will do anything for your kids. Good Luck!

Sheriece said...

Sheesh, good luck girlfriend!

I have to suggest The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly. I just finished it - kind of a creepy fairytale style book. It's kinda yucky and scary - just warning you!

Oh, and another awesome one if you like scary books is The Historian. LOVE :)

Elizabeth said...

In the last two months I have read a few books which I loved--not just liked--but loved. They are:
1. Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet -- a story about the Japanese internment during WWII, but it's fiction and very good.
2. The Count of Monte Cristo -- the classic.
3. Dracula -- the Bram Stoker original, which is spine-tingling. It's fun to be scared!
4. No Talking -- a children's book by Andrew Clement, same author as Frindle, which, if you haven't read, you should. Cute books both.
5. Mrs. Mike -- a wonderful story! You will love it!
I hope that all goes well with your pregnancy. Best wishes

Unknown said...

That stinks! Hopefully things will get better and you can be up in a few weeks.