Monday, August 31, 2009

You know how some people...

Okay - you know how some people only post the really perfect good stuff and pictures. Then you think their life is perfect, why can't I be such an amazing mom like that....yah this is NOT one of those posts!

Why not - because this is real life. While I do have an amazing life, hubby, kids, friends, etc. sometimes it just stinks and you get down. So - I vent...that is my output. Todays venting is happening here.

1. I hate Mondays. Bridger has been home all weekend to help me and help the kids get some energy out...then it's bye bye honey.
2. I really wish pregnancy were only 32 weeks instead of 40 weeks long. I'm hungry but I get heartburn when I eat. I can't sleep. My weight gain is steadily increasing more than it should. My prenatals make me sick. I'm already waddling. I have to go to the bathroom about every 30 minutes.
3. I have bad mom syndrome. Yep - patience level is at a negative 800 right now. Hailey is in a diaper right now. That's right...not even a pull-up, a diaper. She did great for how long, then decided to have TWO accidents this morning all over. I got so frustrated and told her she was a baby and stuck her in a diaper. She cried...but I did it anyways. Hello - she is just barely 2 for crying out loud...and kids have accidents. I am so mean. I'm frustrated because I try to do something with my kids (like mommy school, coloring, reading books) but they have so much energy they don't want to sit down and do it....but I can't move around with them because I'm huge and have no energy. SIGH....no wonder they love daddy more than me and have expressed this a lot lately! Yep - they've already watched one hour and 15 minutes of tv today and it's only 1:27 p.m. ...usually I try to limit tv time to 45 min a day. Well - let's just say I'm pretty confident there will be at least another 30 minutes for today. Sigh again...
4. My house is a mess. I don't really care. But I'm pretty sure my hubby is not too happy about it. There is a mountain as tall as Everest of laundry to wash, the entire sink and countertop full of dishes to do, crumbs on the floor, toys all over, and I don't care. I just want to lay down and close my eyes so it all goes away!
5. I was on my way home from Walmart this morning and my cell phone rang. I just glanced at the number quickly and thought...oh it's Bridger calling from his office - UM...NO. It was a work call. I'm in the car driving, my kids screaming in the background, and I don't have my computer in front of me to answer my customers questions about an item on backorder. Yah - I'm pretty confident I won't get that order - I'd go to a different site to order too if I got that!

So now what? Suck it up.... cowboy up... whatever you want to call it. My hubby will be home in about 3 and a half hours. The really bright side - Carson's preschool starts tomorrow! :)

11 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Oh girl! We all have days, weeks, times like that. You know, you're pregnant...working so hard and something just have to give somewhere. And that's okay. We survived our mom's pregnancies after us, right? Well, our kids will too.

Good luck! Go easy on yourself! And Haylie in a diaper! ;) You're a babe!

Barbara said...

Alisha -- you are too funny. And you are woman enough to admit the tough times in life. I love this about you. I wish I were within driving distance -- I'd drive on down to your place and take you out for ice cream or pickles or whatever it is you crave. (And then I'd help you a bit.) Hang in there.

Angela said...

((Hugs)) Is it wrong that I am glad to know I am not the only one that feels like this? You vent all you want Alisha!

Dixie Ashton said...

Wow, I rememeber feeling just like that! I think I even gave one of my kids a cool bath I was so mad when they kept having accidents! Hang in there... Grandpa will be there in 22 days to rescue you. He will do any housechore you ask of him.... well, almost ;o) (Sorry he won't take your prenatal vitamins for you, I have a hard time getting him to take his own vitamins)

Unknown said...

You are amazing, for so many reasons. As you have all ready heard from previous comments, been there, done that, doing that, will continue to do that until... when does it end? I don't dare admit when I'm having an "overwhel" day. It's just everyday stuff, but some days, you just don't care. You have to have days like this, it helps you appreciate the good ones, that much more! And it's okay to let it go. Bridger will get over it. He's a good understanding guy, and you need to too! Good Luck. I love to read your family blog. I have Bridger on my invite list for our blog, if you need an invite, let me know... Alyson

erin j bailey said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're having such a rotten time right now. I'll take your kids when strep throat leaves our house. Thanks for venting, it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one. Hang in there!

amanda said...

hey my friend-I have been there many times and I am there now. Keira was no not ready for kindergarten and I do not have a clean house and I am stuck in bed and Kenna is back in diapers-so know I love ya and it will be ok. Being a mom is hard and we are not perfect. We are just trying to do the best we can with what we;ve got and the Lord will help up with the rest. You have great kids. They will always love you. TV isn't gonna rot their brains. They will be ok. You are a cool mom and I know they love you tons! don't be so hard on yourself!wish I could come giv eyou a hug-but I can't drive! :)

Erinn said...

Quazy, you are the BEST mom! Don't even poop all over yourself (ewww...that was a bad immage-DELETE IT!) You are doing so much for those kids. I can't even imagine how tough it is. I wish I was closer I'd take the kids and let you have a day to yourself...no, better yet I'd come over and send you away to have a day of whatever-alisha-wants-to-do-fun and when you came home your house would be clean (the laundry wouldn't be done because let's just face it...I DON'T DO LAUNDRY, and it would be a little odd folding Bridger's "skivvies" :) ) Seriously, I hope your day tomorrow goes well. Abby starts preschool tomorrow as well! Love ya tons, and remember you are an awesome mom/wife/friend!!!

PS. I bet this is the longest ever blog comment! :)

anne said...

Hang in there. And don't feel bad, I've been having a lot of those days lately and I'm not even pregnant. So, you're doing better than me. :)

Erin said...

Sorry you had a hard day, I've always thought you were wonder mom, now it's comforting that you have bad days too, it makes me feel like I can do this "mom thing".

You're a great mom!

Kelsey said...

Your words fit perfectly. We ALL feel this way a lot and it is so refreshing when people actually admit it instead of trying to put on a perfect face. I love that there is always a time and season for everything. I think my house will be cleaner when all the kids are in college. lol. Don't stress. Just keep that baby baking in you!