So we have watched a few movies recently....thought I'd share some reviews for you.
1. Enchanted - LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT. It has great music, a great story, and good acting (nothing like a nicolas cage movie...sorry if anyone likes him but I think he is a horrible actor!) If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT TONIGHT! I am thinking about buying the soundtrack because I liked it so much.
2. I am Legend - DID NOT LIKE IT. Most people really liked this show. I am a MAJOR Will Smith fan, and was really excited to watch this show. I was expecting a little suspense and drama. I was not expecting scary and horror. To some of you who may have seen this and disagree, let me explain...I don't do scary movies. We watched this Saturday night and last night was the first night I did not have nightmares. I even woke up Bridger in the middle of the night to get Hailey who was crying because I didn't dare get out of bed in the dark. The zombies in it were creepy/devilish looking. The storyline - being the last one in the world was interesting with the twist they put on the show. Overall - would not suggest it if you are sensitive and don't like scary.
3. Work and the Glory III - LIKED IT. Bridger and I have seen the first two a long time ago, but we finally watched the third show last night. I have really enjoyed these films. Although the third one was not my favorite it was really good. I would suggest watching all of them.
Since we watch movies for date nights do you have any suggestions? I kind of want to see Nancy Drew. I read all those books growing up. Anyone seen it yet?
9 comments:
I completely agree with you about I Am Legend. It totally freaked me out! Where we live there is nobody around us...so the night after we watched it I there were coyotes around our house howling at each other and it sounded exactly like those zombies. I was so scared one of them would come into our house. Totally unrealistic, but when you're scared you'll think of anything.
I have seen Nancy Drew. I liked it. It was cute, little junior highish...but cute. I would also recommend Dan In Real Life. This show is really good and really clean. What else...we just rented August Rush. I'll let you know if it's good...or if you've seen it you can tell me.
I am kind of glad James went and saw Legend by himself while I was out of town. He said that I probably wouldn't have liked it. One I absolutely love is Dan in Real Life. It is super clean and way funny.
I forgot to put Dan in Real Life on there. We have seen it. For the most part I thought it was really good. It was a little slow for me though. However I would give it a good rating. Any other suggestions?
Hey, thanks for the heads up on I Am Legend. We want to see it, but now I have a warning. You guys should watch "The Ultimate Gift" if you haven't seen that. If you haven't, you could ask Erin & Jason if you can borrow it. We also really LOVE "August Rush."
I liked "Seeker". It was a Harry Potter type movie, where it couldn't possibly be real, based in England, majic-y type with a good vs. evil (where good winning of course) story line. It is not for young kids like Carson (he might get scared) but if he were about 8 or 9 he would like it. Both me and my sis-in-law loved it.
The Ultimate Gift is a great movie, we need to get together again and do another movie night!
Have you seen Stardust yet? It's been out for a while. We really enjoyed that one.
I LOVED Enchanted too! Doug - well, not so much. :) I also liked the Work and the Glory III and Dan in Real LIfe. I already know that I won't like I am Legend. Recently we've seen some good ones: No Reservations, Nancy Drew, and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. They were all good. And we'll be watching Amazing Grace too, which I hear is GREAT. Yes, as you can tell, we love Netflix.
ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who had nightmares over that dumb I Am Legend movie. I thought the same thing...drama, suspence. I was so mad when we left the theater a few weeks ago! What a waste of money! As for Enchanted that was the movie I wanted to see the night we went to I Am Legend! Guess who gets to choose next time we go out to the movies?? :)
Post a Comment