Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hailey Update

Our little pumpkin is doing fine and finally getting some rest from her long day. Overall, we were at the hospital for about 6 hours. I think she could tell something was up and stayed close all morning, but had a lot of fun with the toys and puzzles in the various waiting rooms.

The surgery took about an hour and a half. Her doctor was pleased with how well it went and how much of the nevus she was able to remove. She's confident that she can get the remaining section in one more surgery and even reduce the scar size in the process.

Hailey relaxing on her froggy care package from Ember, Briana & Joe

She's having a rough time keeping anything down, but that's to be expected. She finally fell asleep for more than 10 minutes and has been asleep now for almost an hour ... also the record for the longest span without emptying her stomach contents :-)

Hopefully this lasts a while!

We only have to keep the head wrap on for another 36 hours! I think all of the nice care packages with books and games will come in handy to distract her from yanking it off tomorrow. THANK YOU for all of the prayers and support!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Good to hear that all is well. Hope the next few days go smoothly and that she recovers quickly. Love you!

erin j bailey said...

I'm so glad it went well. It would be nice if they could finish in just one more surgery instead of two. Hopefully she will start being able to keep something down in the next few hours. We are praying for you. The bandage does make her look like a cute little pumpkin!

Erin said...

Thanks for the update. I hope she has a quick recovery.

Stephanie said...

I too am SOOO glad to hear that the surgery went well - she's so cute - even in her little bandage. How long until the next surgery? do they have to run tests on what they removed?

Jilly Bean said...

I'm so glad to hear she's doing well. She looks cute with her head wrap. She looks like a little elf or genie. :) Good luck in the coming days.

Kayla said...

I'm glad that everything went so well. How are you doing, Alisha? It's hard on the mom! Sometimes you might forget to take care of yourself. Make sure you don't do that.

Rachel Elaine said...

I'm so glad she was able to sleep. I was worried it would be a rough night.

Remember: I'll go to Walmart for the smallest excuse :)

Melanie said...

glad it went so well. Hope her recovery goes smoothly!

Unknown said...

Glad everything seemed to good and that she was able to sleep for her and your sake. Hope everything continues to go well.