Um..yah, what a shocker! I went to the doctor today. Good news... I GET TO GO TO FLORIDA! Yep, but I'm pretty much on bedrest there. Oh well, at least I get to go. If I start to bleed or cramp bad I'm supposed to go immediately to the nearest hospital. Now for the surprise...the ultrasound said it's a girl. YEP. What in the world? The ultrasound tech in the hospital at 16 weeks must have seen the cord because both the ultrasound tech and dr. yesterday said no doubt it's a girl. So - I guess we can throw that list of boy names we've been working on out the window. Lots of you were asking so now I'll share the boy names:
Easton
Sawyer
Dawson
Brayden
Justin
There were more on the list..but these were my favorites. Now, we get to start all over. Good thing we already have a bunch of girl names we love! We took Carson out for ice-cream last night to break the news to him. He was soooo excited when at 16 weeks we told him it was a boy. We were a little worried about how he would respond. He said, AWWW MAN, I was wrong, you were right mom. (Refering to guesses about the baby gender at 15 weeks). Then he said he didn't want to play with a baby girl. I told him the baby would be so little when she came out that we wouldn't play with her until she was older. He said okay, but I can tell he still isn't too happy about it! LOL! :)
11 comments:
Shouldn't doubt a mommy! It may not always be right on, but usually it is!
Congratulations!
YAY for girls! Girl names are so much easier. And that's sad about Carson. He'll learn to love her. :)
Alisha -- I am so excited you get to go to Florida. Bedrest by a pool can't be all bad. I'm sure Carson will be protective of his new little sister. He'll love her and enjoy being the "big" brother. Take care of yourself and my new grand-niece.
Girls are great. Carson will learn that when he is a little older. Just wait until he is in junior high or high school and his little sisters bring over all the cute girls. Then he will be loving the fact that he has sisters.
Good to hear it is not a lizard.
Funny - the same thing happened to my brother this week. An early ultrasound made them pretty confident it was a boy. But nope!
Lucky Hailey to get a little sis!
This could be paybacks for what Bridger did when he ended up with a third sister! (You'll have to ask him about that) But once we brought her home he was very protective of her and loved her a lot!
Can't wait to see you this weekend in Florida!!!!
Yeah! Have fun in FLA! Enjoy the wedding. I voted Hailey gets to pick the name, since you will bribing her. Who can add to that kitchen? Who will buy her the ice cream? Good Luck with girl names!
oH My goodness! I can't believe that! I guess in a tiny way thank goodness that you were on bed rest so that you couldnt get started on your nursery or any shopping you needed to do! Yeah for little girls! I find out in 10 days!
Yay! Baby Kayla is on her way! ;) That's so funny that they were wrong. I'm sure it wasn't funny to you guys, but when I hear about that stuff I just laugh! I guess you can never be really sure until they are born though.
Yay you get to go on your trip! At least it will be a change! I love girls, but then I don't know anything else!
alisha!!! hey girl! darling family by the way...i am getting married and would love to send you an announcement. can you email me your address...emilyking11@gmail.comm
thanks! you look great!
Post a Comment